Netacea is a Manchester based business providing revolutionary products including website queuing system to prevent traffic to websites that may cause failure and bot management solution that protects websites, mobile apps and APIs from heavy traffic and malicious attacks such as scraping, credential stuffing and account takeover. Netacea was recently categorised by Forrester as a leader in this rapidly expanding market.
We have a hard working and professional culture but believe in having fun. We look for people who align with our values.
- WE ARE A TEAM: We believe that effective teamwork is the key to successful delivery.
- WE ARE DETERMINED: We don’t let obstacles get in our way and strive to deliver positive change.
- WE ARE OPEN AND FLEXIBLE: We listen to others and are prepared to change our views.
- WE GO THE EXTRA MILE: We help our customers and others in the team.
- WE WANT TO BUILD THE BEST PRODUCT: We deliver maximum value to customers quickly.
We are a diverse organisation and proud of it. We have people of varied ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religion and political outlook. What unites us is our belief that our technology makes a difference.
This role requires 2 days onsite in our Manchester office.
Management Accounts & Reporting
- Ownership of the management accounts process including:
- Revenue recognition and Annualised Recurring Revenue reporting.
- Consolidation of a multi-currency group (currently four UK entities and one US entity).
- Support and advise Management Accountant on judgemental areas (e.g. provisions, accruals etc.)
- Monthly review of balance sheet reconciliations and overheads analysis produced by the Management Accountant.
- Review and approval of Transitional Services Agreement recharges, as calculated by the Management Accountant.
- Working with the Management Accountant and Assistant Accountant to improve reporting, processes, and resolve problems as required.
- Review monthly management accounts against budgeted performance and provide narrative on variances for CFO review.
- Manage monthly Board Reporting process, including preparing the financial sections of the Board Report and collating information produced by managers in other areas of the business, to ensure reporting deadlines are met.
- Liaising with department heads/managers to provide timely, accurate and relevant information to aid business decision making.
- Monthly update of business forecast model for actual performance.
- Responsibility for ensuring the budgeting and forecasting process produces appropriate representations of the P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow.
- Ownership of forecasting assumptions for budgeting overheads.
- Evolution and improvement of forecasting model and process.
- Work with Marketing and Sales teams to forecast and sense check budgeted revenue assumptions.
Operational & Banking
- Line management of two staff members, with responsibility for their performance and development.
- Review and approval of weekly/monthly payment runs and approval of weekly staff expenses payments.
- Management the groups foreign exchange exposure (primarily USD revenues and expenditure) and short-term foreign currency liquidity requirements.
- Calculation of quarterly commission payments.
- Monthly review and authorisation of UK and US payrolls (high level review only - both payrolls are managed by third party payroll providers).
- Monitoring of credit control and advising the Assistant Accountant on appropriate action when chasing debtors.
- Ownership of interest workings and payments in respect of debt finance.
Risk & Compliance
- Preparation of statutory accounts for all entities in the group and day to day management of the groups auditors, including:
- Acting as liaison with the auditors for any ad hoc support on technical accounting.
- Liaise with advisors to manager US legal and tax compliance requirements.
- Looking ahead to any changes in financial reporting standards that might affect the business or any thresholds relevant to how the business reports.
- Ownership of ensuring reporting meets financial standard requirements and that the business has adequate records of any more complex journals (e.g. de-grouping journals).
- Day to day management of tax advisers engaged to produce annual corporation tax returns and R&D claims.
- Review of VAT returns, including checking Sage automated return figures reconcile to the underlying data.
- Investor reporting for Netacea shareholders, including quarterly reporting to the Future Fund and monthly reporting to VCT funds.
- Support the CFO with insurance renewals and other Company Secretarial tasks.
- Provision of ad hoc responses to 3rd parties as required (e.g. Office of National Statistics requests etc.).
- Flexible working: we trust people to do the right thing and don’t watch the clock.
- Social Events: Summer BBQ and Christmas Party, plus monthly events organised by our Social Committee.
- Lunch & Learn: listen to and learn from people talking about a topic they are passionate about, or host one yourself in whilst grabbing a free lunch.
- Onsite hot drinks machine – enjoy your premium hot drink free of charge!
- Private medical insurance.
- Real career progression: as a fast-growing company, there is plenty of opportunity to learn from others and show what you can do.
- Life assurance: four times your salary for your beneficiaries.
- 25 days holiday: (plus bank holidays).
- Cycle to work scheme.