Senior QA Engineer
Location - Remote UK/ Flexible working
At Netacea, software development quality is at a core of the development process. Large businesses rely on our product to prevent malicious activity on their websites and in their API ecosystems. As a Senior QA Engineer you will be responsible for ensuring that the software we produce is up to the highest quality standards. Your work will include analysing requirements, automated tests, coordinating manual tests with the QA team and developing test processes. Furthermore, you will be expected to take on mentoring and educational responsibilities, ensuring best practices & development techniques are utilised.
QA at Netacea is about quality of APIs, distributed event-based systems and management portals hosted in the cloud.
- Analysing initial requirements for testability, validity and feasibility
- Designing and developing test scripts (manual and automated)
- Detecting defects and inconsistencies, escalating issues and blockers where necessary
- Collaborating closely with other team members and departments to tighten feedback loops and ensure high quality throughout the SDLC
- Executing various levels of testing (functional, system, regression, soak)
- Driving forward and improving the automated testing aspects of the testing
- Mentoring junior and regular QA Engineers and Testers
- Helping developers write automated tests and educating them in testing practices
- Actively participating in refining and building company wide QA processes
- 5+ years’ (or equivalent) experience in a testing, automation testing or software development role
- 3+ years’ (or equivalent) experience in an automation testing or software development role
- Experience in testing node.js based applications using popular testing frameworks (jest, mocha, tape, cypress, puppeteer, etc.)
- Confident in refining requirements and extrapolating test scenarios
- Familiarity with performing various types of testing (e.g. functional, systems, regression and demonstrable knowledge of various blackbox testing techniques)
- Understanding of SQL language
- Experience testing RESTful APIs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and ability to take proactive initiative
- Analytical mind and a logical approach to problem solving
- Ability to pick up new technologies, skills and tools quickly – our stack is varied across our products, and is constantly evolving
- Familiarity with Linux commands
- Experience with AWS services including ECS, RDS, DynamoDB, SNS, SQS and Lambda functions.
- Experience with distributed event-based systems.
- Experience with education (conference talks, internal lunch and learns)
- Experience with Python-based testing
- Knowledge about security-related topics
- Experience in web application testing.
- Flexible working
- Social Events: Summer BBQ and Christmas Party, plus monthly events organised by our Social Committee (COVID permitting).
- Quiet room.
- Lunch & Learn: listen to and learn from people talking about a topic they are passionate about, or host one yourself in whilst grabbing a free lunch.
- Private medical insurance.
- Real career progression: as a fast-growing company, there is plenty of opportunity to learn from others and show what you can do.
- Life assurance: four times your salary for your beneficiaries.
- 25 days holiday: (plus bank holidays).
- Cycle to work scheme.