Senior Software Engineer
Location: Remote UK/ Flexible location
Salary: Dependent on Experience
Netacea provides a revolutionary bot management solution that protects websites, mobile apps, and APIs from malicious attacks such as scraping, scalping, fraud, and account takeover. We have developed our own market leading machine learning algorithms to identify and counter complex threats in real time.
- WE ARE A TEAM: We believe that effective teamwork is the key to successful delivery.
- WE ARE DETERMINED: We don’t let obstacles get in our way and strive to deliver positive change.
- WE ARE OPEN AND FLEXIBLE: We listen to others and are prepared to change our views.
- WE GO THE EXTRA MILE: We help our customers and others in the team.
- WE WANT TO BUILD THE BEST PRODUCT: We deliver maximum value to customers quickly.
We are a diverse organisation and proud of it. We have people of varied ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religion, and political outlook. What unites us is our belief that our technology makes a difference.
As a Senior Software Engineer at Netacea you will be responsible for delivering effective solutions with high quality code. You should feel comfortable working ‘full stack’ with all our services and creating new ones when required. Furthermore, you will be expected to formally take on mentoring responsibilities, ensuring best practices & development techniques are utilised.
Responsibilities and Key Skills
- To develop the Netacea product using NodeJS, meeting the agreed specifications
- To participate in our feature refinement process to agree technical specifications, functional and non-functional requirements for any given piece of work.
- To demonstrate working code and complete features to key stakeholders within the team and at sprint demoes
- To deliver code using the ‘test driven development’ methodology to ensure the highest levels of code quality.
- To work with test automation engineers to design and implement the full suite of automated tests at every level.
- To understand, design and contribute to technical documentation, to help keep it up to date and relevant.
- To participate in our agile process and feedback on improvements within our retrospectives
- To encourage effective means of software engineering, including (but not limited to) pairing, code reviews and continuous delivery within the team
- To learn new programming languages and infrastructure technologies, especially on AWS
- To introduce new skills, technologies and techniques into the team as you learn about them
- To work with Software Engineers and Junior Software Engineers to mentor them as they perform their day-to-day responsibilities.
- Have the ability to take an architectural/implementation plan of a project and to help lead the development pro
- Software engineering related degree or equivalent experience developing production software.
- 2+ years working experience with relational databases.
- 2+ years of working experience with cloud infrastructure, preferably in AWS. Equivalent providers are considered.
- Experience with CDN/web worker development
- Experience with deployment pipeline and code-quality tooling, such as Jenkins, SonarQube etc.
- Experience building large-scale, software applications using NodeJS. Preferably using a microservice architecture
- Experience working within an agile team/environment.
The next role above Senior Software Engineer is Technical Lead. We would like to see you develop and progress towards this role. If this fits with your career aspirations, we will support you in this advancement with regular catch ups and objectives driven by yourself.
- Flexible working: we trust people to do the right thing and don’t watch the clock.
- Social Events: Summer BBQ and Christmas Party, plus monthly events organised by our Social Committee.
- Lunch & Learn: listen to and learn from people talking about a topic they are passionate about, or host one yourself in whilst grabbing a free lunch.
- Onsite hot drinks machine – enjoy your premium hot drink free of charge!
- Private medical insurance.
- Real career progression: as a fast-growing company, there is plenty of opportunity to learn from others and show what you can do.
- Life assurance: four times your salary for your beneficiaries.
- 25 days holiday: (plus bank holidays).
- Cycle to work scheme.
- We’re a team and therefore value technical skills for their own sake: you don’t have to go into management in order to progress.
- Have your voice heard: teams are big enough to be supportive but small enough for everyone to be heard.