Remote UK/ Flexible Working
Netacea is looking for Threat Research Analysts to join the growing Threat Research Team. These individuals will be responsible for researching cyber threats that impact Netacea and its customers, and reporting on those findings to the relevant parties. They will contribute to Netacea being the global thought leader in the area of bot management.
This is primarily a technical role that, day-to-day, will involve using cyber threat intelligence methodologies and tools to investigate the bot threat landscape facing Netacea and its customers. The Analysts will undertake investigative and exploratory research and then produce reports for both technical and non-technical stakeholders. Some of these investigations will be pro-active, while others will be reactive in response to incidents. The ideal candidate will be self-directed, able to adapt to changing demands on their time, and eager to build a career within cybersecurity.
Please note that we are hiring multiple people for this role, and we do not expect one individual to meet all requirements. Most important is that an individual be enthusiastic, determined, and eager to learn.
- Collecting, processing, analysing, and disseminating Cyber Threat Intelligence (CTI).
- Automation of intelligence gathering methodologies.
- Customer-focussed, investigative, and exploratory research.
- Production of threat research profiles.
- Monitoring of threat actors and their tooling capabilities.
- Examination of incidents to provide context from a threat research perspective.
- Production of reports on CTI findings.
- Development, maintaining, and updating of tools.
- Self-starter and self-motivated.
- Able to adapt to changing priorities and work to tight deadlines.
- Eager to work in a high-growth environment.
- Willingness to learn and develop skills on the job.
- Coding/development skills (for creation and maintenance of tooling).
- Knowledge of open, deep, and dark webs. As well as awareness of safely navigating these.
- Awareness of OSINT tools and techniques.
- Basic understanding of networking and the internet.
- Report writing skills.
- Understanding of cybersecurity (especially principles).
- Basic knowledge of MISP.
- Experience with AWS infrastructure.
- Knowledge of digital forensic techniques.
- Russian language
- Chinese (Mandarin) language
- Flexible working: we trust people to do the right thing and don’t watch the clock.
- Social Events: Summer BBQ and Christmas Party, plus monthly events organised by our Social Committee.
- Lunch & Learn: listen to and learn from people talking about a topic they are passionate about, or host one yourself in whilst grabbing a free lunch.
- Onsite hot drinks machine – enjoy your premium hot drink free of charge!
- Private medical insurance.
- Real career progression: as a fast-growing company, there is plenty of opportunity to learn from others and show what you can do.
- Life assurance: four times your salary for your beneficiaries.
- 25 days holiday: (plus bank holidays).
- Cycle to work scheme.
- We’re a team and therefore value technical skills for their own sake: you don’t have to go into management in order to progress.
- Have your voice heard: teams are big enough to be supportive but small enough for everyone to be heard.